The design, manufacturing, supply and installation of automated electroplating lines
Galvatek supplies various electroplating and electrocoating plants for aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) operations, as well as for aviation parts and component manufacturing. We have also supplied electroplating lines to leading companies in the field of metal finishing.
Tailor made Electroplating Plants for improving physical and technical features, durability, lifetime and structure
Metal is plated to give new characteristics to the base metal. Plating metal can:
- Improve the physical appearance
- Increase durability
- Extend the lifetime
- Lighten the structure
- Improve technical features that cannot be obtained by other methods.
There are almost as many surface treatment process variations as there are different applications for metal parts. The reasons why metal is plated can be categorised as follows: corrosion prevention, highlighting appearance, and creating special features for the surface, such as increasing electrical conductivity, durability and surface hardness.
Examples of electrocoating processes
Galvatek supplies plating and coating plants for various processes, including:
- Tin or silver plating for electronic connectors and components
- Cadmium plating for aircraft landing gear parts
- Hard chrome plating for landing gear pistons
- Phosphate coating for actuators and flaps/rudders
- Chromating/conversion coating for corrosion protection
- Tool manufacturers: drills, files, plastic injection molds, saw blades
- Mechanical engineering: axles, hydraulic pistons, crankshafts, cylinders, valves
- Military: various parts, such as gun barrels
- Automotive industry: decorative finish for internal and external car parts
- Plumbing accessories industry: mixers and other heating, plumbing and ventilation products
- Chrome plating of hospital accessories, lock components, decorative coating of interior accessories
- Decorative chrome plating for plastic parts
Optimal plant positioning with Candovent, plant features, drum and rack lines
Galvatek’s electroplating machines typically comprise one or more tank lines. They may include individual racks or drum lines, or a combination of both with automatically loadable and unloadable drums. During the design of the bulding, selecting Galvatek plating plant and with our Candovent ventilation system the line can be optimally positioned in terms of the production flow, as no separate enclosed ventilated area is needed.
All supporting equipment, such as pumps and filters, are in close proximity to the line. They can be located either along the side of the line or behind the tanks. If the line is placed in a pit, the equipment can also be placed there. Special attention is paid to serviceability and easy access.
The length of tanks is typically up to 3 meters, and the total single line footprint 15-30 meters by 4-5 meters. In the case of electroplating, typically one rectifier per anode metal/electrolytic bath is used with a current of between 300-1000 Amps. The line height is typically up to 5 meters.